Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Thrift of the Week!



Greetings y'all! It's been a weird week... I can feel Autumn just around the corner... and just like the weather which seems to be having a little difficulty deciding who to be, my head has been all over the place!


However, here are this weeks thrifts!






TMNT hankies! To explain this one, I need to divulge a secret... long before the days of Ryan Gosling there was a scientist... a ninja scientist... who also happened to be a turtle... yes, my first crush was Donatello. Yes, as a child I lusted after a well educated cartoon turtle. And  no, I am not the first to have fallen under the spell of that purple mask! 


As you can imagine, I was somewhat awestruck upon finding an entire box full of these handkerchiefs! I limited myself to 2 of each turtle... for the bargain price of £0.50 for all 8. Oh happy day. Now... what to do with them?...




Next is this Kookai pillar-box red wool mini skirt. And mini, it is. With a mini price of £2.50. I think this little baby will lend itself fantastically to 60s styles, I am particularly fond of the oversized buttons and unusual seaming. Roll on Autumn, woolly tights and mini's are a-callin'! 





Here we have the prettiest little table cloth I ever did see (well that wasn't entirely white... nothing beats a  hand embroidered white tablecloth after all!). My lack of a table to put it on seemed extraneous considering the £1.50 price tag!




And finally, naturally, consistently... a hat! This beauty really was a brilliant find. Sturdy brim, (I have so much bother from my other oversized hats and their overwhelming desire to maintain relaxed!), delicious mushroom brown hue, and ambrosial zig-zag stitching... on the inner brim as well as the outer. And all for a mere £2.00. I think that makes roughly 10 hats thrifted in the few months I've been back from LA. Let's pretend for a moment that I don't have a vast secret collection of headwear stored in California! 


Happy Thrifting! 


Love, Love




Ps be sure to take a look around the new Sweet Nothings pages by clicking on the tabs at the top! And feel free to like us on Facebook!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I like everything. I used to have some Kookai stuff. It's a nice brand. I'm sure you'll find a use for everything... EVENTUALLY!