Tuesday 7 June 2011

30 Day Photography Challenge!

Earlier this week I was catching up on my favourite blogs when I came across THIS post on Casey's Elegant Musings (I adore this girls blog, she is a real inspiration!) The original challenge can be found here


White Peach Photo

As i'm currently back in the limbo phase of my waiting-for-my-visa-in-England.. I thought it would be a fun little exercise to partake in. I love the homework element of it.. yes I really did love homework when I was at school. I was the nerdiest of them all. 

After reading through the Challenge, it was obviously apparent that the objective of this activity is to broaden your creativity... think out side the box and use each title as a jumping off point for individual interpretation (another aspect of it which quickly drew me in!) 

But as the challenge calls for a new photo everyday, and I was slightly late to the game in starting out, there is little time to consider ground breaking, show stopping and abstract portrayals of the stimulus statement... So, a whole new element to the challenge was born! 

As i've been so busy (I really need to learn to say "no" when I am asked to work my days off!!!), I haven't had chance to upload and post my first photo challenge photos. So I'm doing them in bulk.  Hopefully as the 30 days progress, so will my photos. 

Oh! I also don't possess anything that could be remotely considered a good camera. I shot these on my Canon Powershot SD 870

*click image to enlarge*

 Day One - Self Portrait


Day Two - What I wore today
Day Three - Clouds
Day Four - Something Green 

My neighbours must have thought I was nutty running around the garden hanging up dresses and stacking up our pots and pans!

But this is really fun, it forces you to stop... think.. to take a few minutes out of your day and produce something...and I highly recommend everyone gives it a try!!

More soon!

Love, love

No comments: